Easy Brunch Ideas
Hash Brown Egg Bake Recipe
from Taste of Home and subscriber Cheryl Johnson.
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup cheese and salt. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In another large bowl, beat eggs and milk until blended; pour over hash brown mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
- This is my favorite egg bake recipe. We use 6-8 ounces of cheese though.
- We made several of these over the weekend, using bacon, sausage, ham and 3 cheeses for our women's Christmas Brunch at church. We made them the night before, without thawing the hash browns. Then we refrigerate them over night and the hashbrowns thaw enough that way. We also made the pancake muffins shown on the right. We saw these on Pinterest. Time was not on our side and so we used Shake 'n ' Pour Bisquick and Bacon Bits, and also Shake 'n' Pour Bisquick and Hershey's Cinnamon Chips. It doesn't get any easier than that. See our other blog for more info and pictures. It was great to get the kids involved. The Cinnamon Chips seemed to be enjoyed by most and we liked them better than the bacon bits also.